Aren’t Friday night
football games the best part about the beginning of the school year? I think so!
The food, the fun, the fans…But have you ever stayed after the light
went out?
Today, for my positive act, I cleaned up the bleachers. And boy!
Where they bad! I even got my
friend to help me. And I’m so glad I
did. It was such a big job for just one
person!
We started at half time, picking up little things here and
there. Then, we scanned the bleachers
for anything we missed when the fourth quarter ended. After running to the other side of the field,
my friend and I picked up our opponent’s side too. Which, I would like to add, wasn’t that
bad! The fans were very respectful of
our field.
Thinking we were done, my friend and I started walking to
the parking lot, when we realized that the SIDES of the football field were disastrous
too! We spend awhile cleaning both of those up.
And just when we thought all of our work was done, I saw the
opposing team’s water bottles still on the football field. I grabbed it and my friend and I ran to the
buses to catch the team before they left.
They had just started to move when I yelled, “FOOTBALL
PLAYERS!” I thought, at first, that the
bus didn’t notice. But all of a sudden,
they stopped and I gave them back their water bottles with a smile and a “good
game!”
Today’s positive act really
made me feel good!
Today’s question of
the day:
What could YOU do to help your community?
And a bonus question
of the day…
What OTHER acts of
kindness and positivity could I do to help my local and/or world community?
Yay for team clean-up!I'll admit it was fun running around the field looking for trash. That, and the warm, fuzzy feeling inside that I got was great too.
ReplyDelete