"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day Seven: Goin’ Gold (Childhood Cancer Awareness)


Facts of the Day (Found on curesearch.org):
 
Every day, 36 children are diagnosed with cancer.
•Children's cancer affects all ethnic, gender and socio-economic groups.
•The average age of children diagnosed is six.
•More than 40,000 children undergo treatment for cancer each year.

So I’m just going to throw this out in the open- I like make-up.  I don’t wear make-up daily, but I commit a lot my time to researching and playing with it.  And most of my research is done on YouTube.  In fact, out of my 24 subscriptions on YouTube, 15 of them are beauty channels.

One of my all-time favorite beauty gurus is emilynoel83.  She’s funny, smart, well-spoken, honest…I could go on and on about her.  But my favorite thing about Emily is that she knows that it’s what’s inside that counts.  And when I saw one of her latest videos, I got very excited.
Emily’s video is titled “Goin' Gold Makeup Tutorial (Childhood Cancer Awareness)” and in this, she talks about a mother who recently found out that her little boy had leukemia.  This mother reached out to Emily for a YouTube Campaign called “Goin’ Gold.”
This campaign’s goal is to make the gold cancer ribbon as popular as the pink ribbon for breast cancer.   With popularity will come more funding. And more funding means that more research can be made.  And that research can be used to find a cure for childhood cancer.
 
Emily made a YouTube tutorial using gold colors.  I thought this was a wonderful idea- using gifts and talents you have for a cause.  So, I decided to put my make-up skills to good use.
 

I get a lot of compliments when I do my make-up.  So, today, whenever someone commented on my make-up, I told them about childhood cancer and what they could do to help.  In fact, I want to do this look all month; September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month!
Will you help this cause? Spread the word!
“Children get cancer too.”
To learn more/donate: http://www.curesearch.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment