"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, October 1, 2012

Day Twenty-Two: The Bully Text

"Ready for the bully challenge?  It's your 1st day back at school & every choice you make decides how your day ends.  Text SCHOOL to start."
 
In 2011, 1 in 5 high school students reported being bullied in their school.  Even more sad?  160,000 kids skip school EVERYDAY to avoid being bullied.
 
This is a huge statistic that I wanted to make sure I drew attention to for my senior project.  So, I got super excited when I found The Bully Text on dosomething.org. 
 
If you go to http://www.dosomething.org/bullytext and enter your phone number, dosomething.org will text you everyday senerios and options that you can choose.  Once you choose, you need to text back an answer and that choice affects how the story will end.  The website states that "the game is meant to put people in common bullying situations to show different ways to react and the realistic consequences of those decisions."
 
And it's honestly really entertaining and informative!
 
This game goes as long as you want it to, and you can stop playing anytime.  Also, it's completely free- only your standard messaging and data rates apply.
 
Once you enter your number and five of your friends' numbers, you'll be entered for a $2,000 schoolarship!  What can be better then that?
 
Will you stand up?


No comments:

Post a Comment