"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day Twenty-Four: A Good Morning, a Poster, and a Ride Home

Today I said “good morning” to three people, I don’t normally say “good morning” to.  I know, I know.  What a small, insignificant detail of my day- but think about it!  Saying good morning to someone means that you are acknowledging their presence.  You are showing them that they are important enough to be recognized.  
J
In August, a nearby town put on a play called “Footloose.”  Posters were tacked up all over the town.  When it was time to tear down the posters, my manager handed one to me.  He knows that cool little things like that make me really happy!

I was so pumped to have this poster!  I even worked with one of the actors!  I planned on having him sign the poster, then taping it to my wall in my bedroom.
I told one of my friends this plan.  She told me that she absolutely ADORED Footloose.  And at that moment, my wheels started turning.
Before I even started this blog, I wanted to have the actor that I work with sign it and give it to my friend.  She’d like it ten times more than I would- I haven’t even seen Footloose!  But sadly, the actor that I worked with quit.  And I haven’t seen him since.  So the poster has been sitting in my car since I got it.
Today, the same friend that loves Footloose needed a ride home.  I could have easily said no. I didn’t want to give her a ride home!  I wanted to go home and catch up on my beauty sleep.  But, when I have to make decisions like this, I always ask myself what I would want if I was in their shoes.  I ended up giving her a ride.
She lives quite a ways out of town, but I didn’t mind.  It made me feel good knowing that I was doing something for her.

And right before she got out of the car, I gave her the Footloose poster.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment