"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day Twenty: Representing My School

On a Saturday mornings, I like sleeping in.  After a long, hard five days of getting up at 7 in the morning, it’s a nice change of pace to sleep in until about 11 on Saturday.  It’s something I’ve always liked doing.

However, today, I got up at 7 o’clock, and made it to school by 7:30.  Why, you ask?  Because I had marching band.

Now, I don’t particularly enjoy marching band.  However, as a rule, if you are in band at my high school you have to march.  And that’s okay.  It takes approximately three days out of the entire school year to do.  So there aren’t any complaints here.
I was actually surprised how easy it was to get out of bed this morning.  Which is a good thing- it was a great way to start the day.   And I think that’s why it was so easy to represent my school today.
Whenever you go somewhere, you are a representation of something.  You represent yourself, your school, and your community.
After marching in a parade, we went to a buffet at Pizza Ranch.  And all of us kids were very respectful if I do say so myself.
For one, we weren’t greedy.  We only took what we knew we could eat, just like our band teacher instructed.
Next, we cleaned up after ourselves, stacking plates and glasses as neatly as possible, for the bus people.
And I’m not sure if anyone else did this or not, but I made sure to thank the workers at Pizza Ranch.  It was very nice of them to let us eat there and I wanted to make sure we could come back again.
(The food was really good, by the way.)
J
Time for some critical thinking on your part!
What do you represent when you go out into the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment