"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, September 28, 2012

Day Nineteen: A Few Little Things(:

 “It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.”  --Arthur Conan Doyle
 
Today, I did a lot of little positive acts

The first one included a button.  I wrapped a button with paper and wrote “Free Hugs” on it.  Then, I walked around school and went to a football game with this pin on my shirt.

There are some real benefits to hugs, you know.  These include:
 
- Make someone feel accepted
- Relieve stress
-Improve your immne system
-Lower blood pressure
J
 
The next thing I did was make a bookmark for a stranger. I went to my American Literature class and walked to my desk.  On it was a book.


So, thinking I’d be nice, I made a bookmark!

I know I’d like it if someone saved my page.  And I’d REALLY like if I found a nice message in it.  And even now, I don’t know whose book that was.
JI started a trend today too.  I was at the football game at 5:45 to set up the concession stand, and my art teacher was there.  He gave me some calk.  And me, being a former cheerleader, decided to pump up the beaver spirit!  Look at my beautiful art work!


See?  I think these really got people excited!  I even drew a pink ribbon since today was the Cancer Awareness/Parents’ Night football game.  And the best part?  When I was done working concessions at the end of the night, the entire slab of pavement was covered in drawings!
J
My last positive act of the day involved Jena A.  (The A stands for awesome.)  She wanted me to walk her to her car when all everything in the concession stand was put away.  I decided that I could take five minutes and do that.  Why not?

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen." --John Wooden


No comments:

Post a Comment