"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, September 24, 2012

Day Fifteen: DEW You Look Thirsty or What!?

Today's blog is short, but I think that's a good thing.
Not all acts of kindness have to be a big deal to make big difference.
I don’t know about anyone else’s community, but in mine everyone begs, borrows, and steals quarters to get something to drink from the pop machine.  So, today, I did a small act of kindness.  I got twenty dollars’ worth of quarters and made these signs:


I walked around my town and put them on pop machines.  I did have to adjust how many quarters are on each (The school’s pop was $1.50.  The other pop machines were on $0.50.), but I used the complete twenty dollars.
As I was walking around, taping these, I imagined all the smiles that I could be creating.  Hopefully I made some one's day.  It was nerve racking though.  I wanted this project to be a complete surprise to everyone- I was scared someone would catch me taping these signs!


I hope YOU have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment