But, I had no idea how hard it was to find flowers at 6 o’clock
in evening in the fall! Wal-Mart doesn’t
sell any of the pretty ones anymore.
They only sell the autumn flowers with the intentional brown steams.
Those are pretty if you are trying to decorate your
house. But not good enough when you are
trying to buy flowers for someone you care about.
I had no rhyme or reason to get flowers for my grandma today. I just wanted to make her smile. So, I tracked down the prettiest flowers I
could, bought a vase, and made a beeline for her house.
I sat in her driveway for about five minutes, cutting the
flowers to the perfect size and writing her a short, but sweet message. Then, I sneaked into her house (It’s
okay. I have my grandma’s permission to
sneak into her house!) hoping that she would be sleeping.
Turns out she was taking a nap on the couch. I tried to be sneaky, tiptoeing into the
kitchen, but it was no good. She woke up
and caught me red handed!
I inconspicuously walked to the counter with the flowers,
making casual small-talk.
“So, who got you flowers?” my grandma asked. I tried to dodge the question.
“I don’t know. What
are you up to?”
“Trying to sleep. I
have to work tonight.” My grandma works
night shifts, which was part of the reason I tried to be sneaky about getting
the flowers inside the house.
“Oh! Alright,” I
said, making my way to her for a hug. “I love you! Bye!”
At first, I could see that my grandma was kind of
confused. But as I walked out the door,
I could see that she had a giant smile on her face as she looked at HER flowers!
Mission accomplished.




No comments:
Post a Comment