So in the mix of homework, house chores, and running to the
bank to cash my paychecks, some things get pushed to the wayside. Last year, for example, sleep was the last
thing on my list of priorities. And it
made me CRANKY! Seriously, if I don’t
get a full eight hours of sleep, I’m a complete grouch. So this year, I swapped my lack of sleep for
a lack of a social life.
Don’t get me wrong. I
love my friends and family with all my heart.
I just forget to really appreciate sometimes.
So today, my mom,
best friend, and I went shopping.
I know. It doesn’t
really sound like a big deal. But, to
me, it is. I don’t spontaneously go
shopping with the people I love. I don’t
spontaneously do ANYTHING. And I think
it meant a lot to my mom and best friend.
I know it meant a lot to me.
It felt good to spend time with them.
I chose to journal this as my positive act of the day
because I want to highlight the fact that you should cherish the people you
have in your life. The people you love
might not always be around. That’s
something I need to remember.
That’s something I
think we all need to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment