In 2000, the average
size of an American high school is 752 students.
752 students.
In my high school in
particular there are exactly 99 students.
And how many do I
actually talk to? Or better yet, how
many do I ever have a real heart-to-heart conversation with?
I’m a very social person.
If you want to talk to me, I’ll talk.
And I’ll enjoy it! I mean, as a
former-hostess-promoted-to-waitress it’s my JOB to be able to carry a
conversation. However, in a regular day,
I probably talk to about 20 students.
And the amount of people I ever have a real heart-to-heart with amounts
to...three people. My boyfriend and my
two best friends.
So today, my positive act was having a heart-to-heart
conversation with two people I don’t normally talk to.
These people opened up to me about their past and how they
feel about life. And it was pretty
unusual for me. I said I was social, but
I don’t really talk about my feelings.
And I really don’t have a past to talk about- besides the time I puked on
my reader’s theater partner in kindergarten and the time I wrote an anonymous
love letter in first grade.
Get to know people.
Learn their past. And when
someone else tries to judge them and criticize who they are, stand up for them.
Like I said in a post prior to this one:
You never know someone’s story.
No comments:
Post a Comment