"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, July 23, 2012

Introduction to Project Positivity

Have you ever realized how big of an impact you have on society?  I'll use a widely known movie to illustrate my point- Avatar. 

I'm sure you've heard of it.

Who could forget it's crazy special effects and heartwarming storyline?  Anyone who even mentioned the title of this...this...cinematic PHENOMENON had a part in it's success.  Don't understand?  Allow me to elaborate.

After James Cameron dreamed up this amazing concept, found the perfect actors and actresses to portray his vision, and said "ACTION!..."

After the special effects where carefully added, scenes were adjusted, and advertisements started rolling across the TV,

YOU leaned over to your friend sitting beside you and said, "Hey dude.  Let's go to that movie."

That's it.  That's all you said.  And you where apart of this seven hundred sixty MILLION five hundred seven thousand six hundred five dollar movie.

$760, 507, 625

Because you went to this movie, you raved about it to your parents.  That particular rave sparked your parents interest, and went and saw the movie.  Afterwards, they recommended the movie to their co-workers.  Then after THEY saw the movie those co-workers suggested Avatar to their friends.  Those friends told their post-movie waitress that they loved the movie; the waitress jumps on the bandwagon, sees Avatar, and tells her...her...INSURANCE agent!...

It's called the domino effect.  And it's powerful.

What would YOU do with $760, 507, 625?

Now just thing of what would happen if you used this "domino effect" everyday...Well, you already do.

Everything you do effects others.  Everything you use, everything you say, has something to do with what HAS happened in the past and what WILL happen in the future.

It's mindboggling- it's SCARY.

What would happen if I told you that you could be the difference between somone having a good day and a bad day?

What would happen if I told you that you have the power to end world hunger?

What would happen if I told you that you could stop all the hate and pain in this world?

Now, I'm not saying it could happen quickly.  I'm just saying that it's possible.  That it CAN happen.  It's just a team effort.  We are all apart of this thing called life because life cannot be lived alone.

It just starts with one person.  And honestly, I want to be that one person.  Not out of ulterior motives, but because I have been given one life- and I want to use it to spread beauty and positivity.  Not despire.

I want to be the change I want to see in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment